Your privacy is important to us and this privacy statement sets out how Giv2Go Ireland Limited. collects, uses and protects any information you give us when you use Giv2Go.com. We will not collect any personal information about you without your permission. If you choose to provide us with personal information then you can be assured that we will use it only in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
- Information which you supply on registration or as part of your profile;
- Information which you provide in relation to any event which you enter;
- Information which you provide in relation to any event (commercial, social, charitable, educational, and other) which you organise;
- Information which you post on the site;
- Information which you otherwise give to us (for example by email or private message); and
- Information relating to your use of the site generally. This may include items such as login and logout times and polls you’ve voted on.
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged for our statistical purposes. The technical details logged include:
- The IP address of each visitor and the domain of the internet service provider;
- The previous website address from which a visitor reached us, including any search terms used;
- "Clickstream" data which shows the traffic of visitors around the site (for example showing which forums threads have been read and which links have been clicked); and
- The type of web browser used by a visitor.
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information for the operation of the site, for the running of our events, to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service. In particular, we may use or disclose your information for the following reasons:
- For our administration and record keeping;
- To enable your friends and family to donate to your fundraising it will be possible for visitors to search for your name and to view your profile;
- To contact you in relation to the site (for example, to notify you that money has been donated to your fund-raising or to let you know that an event has been postponed);
- For insurance purposes we may share your name, address, gender and date of birth with the insurers of a particular event;
- With your express permission only, to enable our charity partners or event operators to contact you. Our partners will contact you only through Giv2Go.com;
- For technical processing and to address technical problems or service complaints;
- To deal with cases of illegal activity, abuse or harassment; or
- Where required by law, to disclose information.
It may also be necessary, due to the particular requirements of an event, to collect additional information in relation to that event and to pass it on to some other body. If so, we will notify you of this beforehand in the terms of that particular event.
Otherwise we will not use your information or give it to any third party without your permission.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you or rectify any personal information which is incorrect or incomplete under the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at [email protected]. If you are a registered user please supply details of your username and email address which you supplied when registering. Please note that to protect your privacy we may require further information to verify your identity.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at [email protected]. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If someone else has posted your personal information on the site without your permission and you would like it removed please contact us at [email protected].
Information you post to the site and your activity on the site
Any personal information which you volunteer in the public part of your profile or post in public parts of the site (such as forums) will be available worldwide to anyone with access to the website. Please do not post any information publicly if you are not happy to leave it up indefinitely.
You can control the privacy of your albums, photos, videos, blog posts, groups, music, polls and classifieds by choosing a privacy option at the time of posting. At this point you may also choose who can leave comments on or tag these items. Please note that by default these items are publicly viewable and can be commented on or tagged by anyone.
You can control the privacy of your activity on the site by going to My Settings | Privacy. Here you can control your visibility and which things about you will appear on the recent activity feed.
We use a temporary session cookie which records whether you are logged in. This is only stored while you are visiting our site and is automatically deleted when you close your browser.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the complete security of any information you transmit to us or through our site, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Further information on your privacy rights
For more information on your privacy rights see the website of the Data Protection Commissioner at https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Home/4.htm